History of Our College

St.Joseph's College is an affiliated First Grade College of the Bharathidasan University. It was established in 1844 by the Fathers of Society of Jesus (The Jesuits). It was affiliated to the then Madras University in 1869. The College celebrated its centenary in 1944, sesquicentenary in 1995 and acquired the Five Star status, awarded by NAAC in 2000. It was recognised by UGC as a College with Potential for Excellence (CPE) in 2004 and was Reaccredited by NAAC with A+ Grade in 2006. The College is owned by the Society of St.Joseph's, a body registered under Societies Regulation Act(1860), having its office at Tiruchirappalli. This Jesuit college trains young men and women of quality to be leaders in all walks of life so that they may serve the people of the nation in truth, justice and love.

Secretaries - Down the Years

Sl.No. NameYears
1 Rev Dr T Joseph Srinivasan SJ 1995-1996
2 Rev Dr A Leo Tagore SJ 1996-1997
3 Rev Dr A Sebastian Anand SJ 1997-2000
4 Rev Dr T Joseph Srinivasan SJ 2000-2003
5 Rev Dr D Selvanayakam SJ 2003-2006
6 Rev Dr A Joseph SJ 2006-2009
7 Rev Dr S John Britto SJ 2009-2010
8 Rev Dr A Albert Muthumalai SJ 2010-2012
9 Rev Dr B John Bosco SJ 2012-2013
10 Rev Dr S Sebastian SJ 2013-

Jesuits Community

2011-2012


2103-2014


Contact us




St.Joseph's College (Autonomous)
Tiruchirappalli-620 002.
Tamilnadu,India

Tel: 0431-2700320/4226436

Fax: 0431-2701501

Email:college@mail.sjctni.edu

Copyright © St.Joseph's College, Trichy-02, TamilNadu, India. all rights reserved